Friday, October 24, 2008

AND NOW I FOUND THE SHOES!







So the other day, I went shopping for shoes to compliment the perfect dress. I found a pair of crimson red plastic shoes that were flat with an elastic band on the top. They were $40, which is a bit much for the quality of the terribly uncomforable shoe. The only thing was they were exactly the color red that I want throughout the rest of the wedding/reception. I didn't like them much but figured I couldn't find anything better. So I was bemoaning the fact that I could be stuck w/ a no good pair of shoes that fold in half when I take them off. Isn't that a bad thing?!
Then, one day, I was shopping with my other brain (Joycie) and she let me walk into a shoe store that was having a sale. I wasn't very hopeful to find better shoes, but looked any ways. It was a bit fruitful in the beginning. Then I saw these little gems that you see above, and fell deeply in love with them! I tried them on first as a joke, but was shocked at how well they fit me and were exactly the shape I wanted. The fact that they are leopard print only adds to the Vintage Hollywood theme I want at the wedding!
I pretty much love them, but wouldn't mind hearing what you think. Your opinion matters and will help me validate my adoration for the entire outfit.
ONE MORE QUESTION I have for you, though. I was originally planning on having a plain shoe and wearing aread flower in my hair, but now with this pattern, I think that's too much. I want a flower(s) in my hair, but am not sure what plain, off white flower would still give the vintage feel I'm looking for. I was thinking Dogwood (like Ashely Judd at her wedding in "De lovely").
In put and suggestions would be greatly appreciated



1 comment:

Kristen said...

First of all, I must say that I love the shoes! I love the fact that they are so unconventional and not traditional. I think it will go perfectly with your hollywood theme. I looked at the dogwood flower and I think it's simple enough to go with your fancy shoes. I have a off white flower that I got to put in my hair for a theater class assignment that might look pretty. I don't know what it's called, but I can send you a picture to see if you like it. Just let me know where to send it. *Trying to figure out all the accessories can be tricky. Let me know if you need any help! I've already been through it so I understand. :)*