I have fantastic stories about "the boys" for you all! (For those of you who don't know who the boys are, they are my favorite and only nephews at the moment. I'm one of those obsessive, annoying Aunties if you must know. In fact, my nick name with them is ATA - Adriane the Annoyer!)
So I spoke with the boys today...a rare occasion. I spoke w/ them a long time too! It's only because my new phone has a feature that you can distort your voice. You have the choice of a kids, munchkin, man, woman, toneless or hoarse voice. It's actually quite creepy. But the boys liked it...so much so that they stayed on the phone for a half an hour! Woah!
When I was talking to the middle boy, Big Head Bryant, he randomly stopped the conversation and said, "Brock [his oldest sibling] cut off his pinky toe!" What?! Then Brock yelled in the background that he only cut off the toenail! Once again, Brock was running around without shoes and snagged one of his toe nails. I'm sure it's nothing. It was just interesting to hear the exhaserbation in Bryant's account.
Then I spoke with the youngest Ferral Boy, Connor. He was enthrawled with the crazy voices coming from my phone but abbruptly told me to talk normal. Then we were talking about visiting his grandparents (who are living in Australia at the moment) and I told him that we were going to see them in a few Christmases in Hawaii. I explained that Hawaii was a place where we could swim in warm water, and girls wore skirts made out of grass and coconuts on their shirts. "Tell Baca (his Grandpa) to bring a ladder." Connor interrupted. "Why?" asked I. "To get the coconuts from the trees," was his matter of fact reply.
Later on JR started to talk to Connor. He told him that Baca and Grandma live with Kangaroos and that you can teach them to box. I think he scarred the boy because he asked us to tell the Kangaroos not to hurt Baca.
Then we were talking about my sister Meridth and how she's going to have a baby. He asked how big the baby was in her tummy. I told him the size of a watermellon. Then I told him that Uschi (said watermellon fetus) was going to be born on the same month as his birthday. "How long is that?" asked Connor. "About 4 months away," I told him. "Wa hooo! Yess!!!" he cried in glee.
"Do you want to know what I want for my birthday?" For 5-10 minutes, he listed all the hot American toys. Most of which I couldn't understand due to his cute little speech impetiment. But he did tell me he wanted a sword.
Aaaah the boys. I'm sure that's not interesting to anyone but me. But at least I've got my ATA fix for the moment.
1 comment:
Hehehee. I love your stories.
Post a Comment